There are so many people and groups I’d like to thank that I can’t possibly list them all at once. I am working diligently to compile a complete listing, but this may take some time. Check back frequently to see how God is continuing to work through so many people and organizations to help us.
- My wonderful team of friends: Zack Amacher, Dave and Lynn Jobe, Dave and Shelley Levy, Ellen and Jim McCormick, Kevin and Lea Mitchell, Joe and Maureen Santoli, Jan and Alan Slimming, and Brandi and Lawrence Stevens. There aren’t enough words to express how grateful I am to each of you for giving up your time and energy for this cause.
- The Dunwoody Club Forest neighborhood: So many neighbors have stopped by with food, tools, and helping hands and hearts. I truly believe God placed us in this neighborhood for a reason.
- Dunwoody United Methodist Church: Thank you for helping our entire family feel surrounded by God’s grace and compassion. This church has been a true sanctuary for all of us and extremely diligent in looking out for our needs. Thank you for all of the meals, visits and prayers. Every single gesture has meant a lot to us.
- The Atlanta Academy: Matt and I chose this school for Jason not just for its academics and discipline, but because of its nurturing spirit. Nothing could have proven that spirit more than the last few weeks. Angela Naples, Head of School, along with the faculty and staff, students and families have overwhelmed us with their generosity and support. Thank you for making Jason feel loved.
- Vanderlyn Elementary: We couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful neighborhood school. Ellie feels safe and cared for by her teachers, principal, and fellow students. Many families from the school have offered their support and generosity too. We are so appreciative of all that you have done and continue to do.
- Kingswood Methodist Preschool: Kinsey is exactly where she needs to be. The staff and families at Kingswood have wrapped their arms around Kinsey and helped to nurture the happy and curious three-year old that she is. Thank you to Carolyn Ellis and Deanna Carter for everything.
- John and Jacque Shaffer: Thanks for helping on daily basis with the kids and the ongoing construction needs. Your willingness to take on our burdens and simultaneously deal with your own loss. The kids and I are so fortunate to have you close by. Thanks for all of your continued prayers and for making me feel like your daughter, not just your daughter-in-law.
- My family and church in North Carolina: It really isn’t possible to say enough “thank you’s” to my family. I couldn’t have made it these last 4 weeks without you. Thanks for coming to be by my side. Thanks for staying with me and hugging me in the middle of the night. Thanks for helping with the household chores and construction, as well as the many mundane tasks that you took on while you were here. And thanks for the continued support and prayers from St. James United Methodist Church in Newport. We can’t wait to visit soon.
More Thank You’s
Numerous companies and organizations have stepped forward to assist me over the last couple of months. I’d like to personally thank each of them and I ask that you consider using them if you are in need of the following services:
All Creatures Animal Hospital
Atlanta Orthodontic Specialist
Dr. Martin Krieger and Associates, DDS
Sammy Grant, Financial Planner
Sandy Springs Ford